[Asterisk-Dev] Re: wcusb & 2.6

Jonathan McDowell noodles at earth.li
Tue Nov 2 04:57:09 MST 2004

On Mon, Nov 01, 2004 at 11:32:48PM +0000, Jonathan McDowell wrote:
> On Mon, Nov 01, 2004 at 07:38:18PM +0000, Jonathan McDowell wrote:
> > I've been trying to get my FXS USB device running under 2.6; I thought
> > this wouldn't be a problem given the existance of the driver in CVS, but
> > have discovered that it refuses to load.
> Further to this I've taken Wichert Akkerman's patch from June, fixed it
> up a little (wasn't initializing the datawrite urb), added setting of
> the interval and initialization of the urb spinlock. This gets me
> further, as I get output like:
> However that's ignoring all the tracebacks I get, usually starting with:
>
> Badness in kref_get at lib/kref.c:32
>
> And the fact the machine crashes shortly afterwards.

The kref errors are due to the urb not being properly initialised. I've
added some calls to usb_init_urb and the new patch is at:

http://the.earth.li/~noodles/wcusb/wcusb-26-2.diff

Still hard crashes (not even magic SysRq works) shortly afterwards
though. I can run ztcfg ok, but haven't managed to get enough time
before the crash to run usbfxstest. Plus I don't see any output that
indicates what's going wrong.

J.

--
"I've checked, but I can't find anything in the bible which supports
C++." -- Malcolm Ray