[Asterisk-Dev] PHP vs C

Chris A. Icide chris at netgeeks.net
Mon Nov 1 18:02:25 MST 2004

On 10:27 AM 11/1/2004, Matthew Boehm wrote:
 >Thanks for the info. We need our own LCR app because we will soon reach a
 >point where we will have multiple carriers with different rates for inter vs
 >intra, and intl vs intl-cell.
 >Do you use the php apps as AGI? I mean, is the php script called from within
 >* as an AGI?

Have you tried rate_engine from the trollphone folks?  It's written in C,
accesses a MySQL database to retrieve rate, egress, and provider
tables.  When a call is made using the application, it saves a CDR record
with the rate applied.

We've also built a web interface to manage the rate_engine tables as well
as some enhanced features above and beyond rate engine.

-Chris