[Asterisk-Dev] Re: wcusb & 2.6

Jonathan McDowell noodles at earth.li
Mon Nov 1 16:32:48 MST 2004

On Mon, Nov 01, 2004 at 07:38:18PM +0000, Jonathan McDowell wrote:
> I've been trying to get my FXS USB device running under 2.6; I thought
> this wouldn't be a problem given the existance of the driver in CVS, but
> have discovered that it refuses to load.

Further to this I've taken Wichert Akkerman's patch from June, fixed it
up a little (wasn't initializing the datawrite urb), added setting of
the interval and initialization of the urb spinlock. This gets me
further, as I get output like:

Zapata Telephony Interface Registered on major 196
DEBUG: Entering wc_usb_probe
Device slot 0 is free
wcusb: wc_detect_device
Second exit
Init Indirect Registers completed successfully.
DC Cal x=19
wcusb: Setting correct interfaces.
About to register span WCUSB/0
wcusb: Found a Wildcard S100U USB FXS Interface (WCUSB/0)
Really setting hook state to 0
Hook transition complete to 0
Read hook state as 00
usbcore: registered new driver wcusb
Wildcard USB FXS Interface driver registered

However that's ignoring all the tracebacks I get, usually starting with:

Badness in kref_get at lib/kref.c:32

And the fact the machine crashes shortly afterwards.

My ugly patch is at:

http://the.earth.li/~noodles/wcusb/wcusb-26.diff

And the kernel output I manage to get saved to syslog before the crash
at:

http://the.earth.li/~noodles/wcusb/wcusb-crash.log

I'm guessing some more locking might be in order?

J.

--
101 things you can't have too much of : 21 - Uptime.