[Asterisk-Dev] PHP vs C

Matthew Boehm mboehm at cytelcom.com
Mon Nov 1 10:20:10 MST 2004

Hey guys,
 I'm getting ready to write a custom least cost routing app for our company
and wanted to get some pro/con feedback on programming this app  a) in PHP
as an AGI  or  b) in C as a loadable .so module

 Would be nice if I could compile PHP code into a module but you can't
compile PHP code (at least, I've never seen it).

This app will be used on every call made thru the server so it needs to be
fast and low cpu intensive. It will be accessing mysql and running at least
2 queries each execution.

 I have no preference on the language. I am confident that I can program it
in either, but I would rather choose the better language for this paticular
case (ie, speed).

Thanks,
Matthew