[Asterisk-Dev] HEAD - Advanced voicemail behaviour change

Paul Crick web-asterisk-dev at ivrl.com
Mon May 31 23:54:55 MST 2004

> I would like to (somehow) retain the ability to delete
> a message with 7-6 without prefixing a "1" on to the
> front of that sequence.
First I've heard of this prefixing with 1 thing but I got to say I hate it -
just a bad idea.. The way the big system voicemails seem to work is.. you
can use 1 and 3 to skip back and forwards.. 11 to the beginning, 33 to the
end.. then it's always 7 to delete, and 9 to save, once you've finished
message playback. If you want to delete a message whilst listening to it,
you can hit 77.

> (I'd also like to see a "skip" function on the date playback,
> so I can get right to the message, but that's me.)
Yeah, or have the option of playing the date/time stamp before or after the
message, configurable.

Paul