[Asterisk-Dev] Creating An Asterisk Data Model

Aaron Clauson aza_rc at yahoo.com
Fri May 28 16:13:49 MST 2004

Coming up with some standard application layers on top
of * sounds like a great idea to me.

At the risk of making a suggestion unpopular to the C
coders I would also like to toss in the idea of
putting some standard web service APIs on the database
structures and astreisk to make the applications more
universally usable. Note I am suggesting an API
defintion not necessarily doing any immediate
implementations.

I was hoping at some stage to getting around to
putting a web service end point on the * management
daemon. However it would probably make more sense to
shift such an end point up a few layers especially if
some standardised applications are going to be agreed
upon.

Aaron

>From: joachim <zoachien at securax.org>
>
>I spent all day thinking about something similar,
>sounds like a good
>idea
>to me.
>The central registry probably even isnt that
difficult.

At 00:04 29/05/2004, you wrote:
>Sorry for the long message - brain dump time:
>
>I've spent the past few days working on a
comprehensive data model for
>client.  The client is a carrier and wants to be able
to provide both
<snip>