[Asterisk-Dev] native bridge woes

mjr-asterisk at ranney.com mjr-asterisk at ranney.com
Thu May 20 23:07:49 MST 2004

Native bridging sure seems like a great idea, except every time a call
is bridged by my asterisk server, the audio cuts out of a second.
Unfortunately, it cuts out right as the person is saying "hello" so
its hard to tell who answered the phone or what they said.  I'm using
Cisco 7940/7960 phones.  Is this a problem with asterisk or a problem
with the phones?  Is there any way to do native bridging without the
audio dropout?

I've tried setting "canreinvite=no" on all of my SIP peers, as well as
in the general section, but native bridges and their dropouts
continue.  Setting the t/T/r options as the call is dialed does indeed
all the calls to be transferred, etc., but I still get the native
bridge dropout.

Note that I haven't actually verified at the network level where all
the packets are going, but as messages like this show up on the
asterisk console:

    -- Attempting native bridge of SIP/3122618252-7b97 and SIP/colo-gw-481b

users get a very annoying audio dropout.

If this is unexpected behavior, I'm happy to dig deeper into the
problem with packet captures, running different code, etc., Any help
would be appreciated.
Matt Ranney - mjr at ranney.com