[Asterisk-Dev] Directory App Plays dir-instr endlessly

Michael Grabinski mgrabinski at businesstech.net
Wed May 19 11:41:35 MST 2004

We are using Asterisk as a multi-mailbox voicemail system.  For the most
part it works well.  We have 2 phone lines.  Asterisk is connected to both
via Digium X100Ps.

We've run into a bit of a snag with the Directory application.  It works
fine unless a caller hangs up while the application is playing the
"dir-instr" file asking them to "Press 1 if the extension is correct," or
something to that effect.  The hangup is never detected and the application
justs keep playing the dir-instr file endlessly.  This ties up our phone
line.  For some reason this happens a lot.  Hangups seem to be detected by
other apps like Voicemail() and Background() with no problem.  Any help
would be appreciated.

P.S.  "Thanks" to the folks who helped me with my last issue.  If I could
figure out how to post a reply to this list I would have let them know the
fix worked.  Yes, I'm that stupid.