[Asterisk-Dev] Callingcard (again, sorry!)

Luis Mata mataluis at xtremenetworks.biz
Wed May 19 11:36:50 MST 2004

Jeremy :

             I think the questions will ne how big they want to scale
the system. A lot of people have ask me how to acomplish a well
redundant asterisk prepaid system. My answer based on experience is that
you need different servers. People think that just because CPU got
faster and memory got cheaper they can build this monster to handle
thouthands of calls... Well software sometimes doesn't do magic. And
Asterisk is not the eception. So again the quesiton how big you want to
scale.

       FROM  T1 to VOIP prepaid system. ( One T1 ).
                  If you are doing a calling card platform with a T1 you
can easily use AGI (any flavor is find ) and mate your box with a RDMS.

       If you need to grow bigger then don't lie to your self and design
a fully redundant system, well if you have already the database or
billing platform remotely you can attach multiple asterisk servers to
query the same db.

        If you have incoming clients from SIP to T1 , then use multiple
servers and use DNS load balancers. Since you are doing the
authentication in a centralize DB doesnt matter to what Asterisk server
your customers land.

         This will be not the best , but one way to do an scalable system..

Just my half a cent....