[Asterisk-Dev] Callingcard (again, sorry!)

Terence Parker terence at parker.com.hk
Tue May 18 21:23:06 MST 2004

Hello again,

As mentioned before my thing works now - but bugs are inevitable and i'm
trying to iron various things out. Just a few quick questions then for
anyone who can answer.

1. We use asterisk-0.7.2 (yes yes, I know it's old) because nothing newer
works with our IDD carrier. Anyhow, I tried my script on another machine
running latest CVS - and when executing the AGI upon 'hangup' I now get the
message:

app_agi.c:1511 agi_exec: If you want to run AGI on hungup channels you
should use DeadAGI!

What on earth is DeadAGI? Is this documented anywhere? Would this solve my
problem below? (see #2)

2. If find that if a call is terminated in the middle of a script, the
script will continue running. For example, currently my script reads out a
bunch of stuff to the user (you are calling x country, your card balance is,
you have x minutes for this call etc...) - if a user hangs up during that
the PHP script has no way of knowing and will continue to the end -
including adding a lock to the MySQL database and a timestamp. So upon
running the script again, the user will find their account locked.

I thought about simply splitting the script into two - so that the final
locking procedure is done separately from a different extensions.conf rule
altogether. Is this the only way? Or any other suggestions?

Thanks,

Terence