[Asterisk-Dev] Can anybody test a patch on a dual processor?

Dr. Rich Murphey Rich at WhiteOakLabs.com
Tue May 18 19:01:08 MST 2004

I just submitted changes in the locking, and although I've tested it
casually on Linux and FreeBSD, the testing would be far more valuable done
on relatively loaded dual processor.  That should reveal symptoms much more
readily.

The changes are 'mutex.dif' on the following page.  They're a patch against
today's cvs head.

http://bugs.digium.com/bug_view_page.php?bug_id=0001411

These changes are intended to properly initialize recursive locks on
FreeBSD. (FreeBSD's pthreads cannot initialize a recursive lock by a simple
assignment statement.)  The revised method is supported by Linux, FreeBSD
and others, so one should be able to test on either OS.

If the diff isn't convenient for those who'd like to test, I'd be glad to
make a tar archive.  Just let me know!

Cheers,
Rich