[Asterisk-Dev] dsp.c beep detection

Navnit Chachan navnit at tentrams.com
Tue May 18 05:18:43 MST 2004

Hi,
I am not sure if this issue has been discussed before but i desperately need
some help/guidance on this.

What i need to do is during an outbound call, detect if the remote end has
sent a beep.
What I have so far is
1. Used the ast_dsp_silence to detect the voice and silence frames. That was
pretty straightforward.

Now all i need to know is the frequency of the frames (average). If the
frequency is contibuous over a cpl of frames then it is a beep.
I have been playing around with the ast_dsp_call_progress in dsp.c but i am
getting lost there.

Is there a way to find out the frequency of the frame.

Please excuse me if the question is badly framed.

Thanx in advance

Regards
Navnit