[Asterisk-Dev] libsrtp

John Todd jtodd at loligo.com
Sat May 15 13:26:56 MST 2004

At 1:32 PM -0500 on 5/15/04, Dr. Rich Murphey wrote:
>Would Sipura interoperability be an appropriate practical goal for
>implementing these as Olle suggested?
>
>Are there any compatible soft phones or service providers to test against
>(for those without a Sipura)?
>
>Cheers,
>Rich

[snip]

1) Voicepulse has claimed to support the Sipura SRTP standard, and it
is no secret that Voicepulse uses Asterisk.  This would imply an
implementation of SRTP in Asterisk, though perhaps they are having
their encrypted service Sipura customers point to some other
device/proxy that does the SRTP magic.  In either case, there are
commercial implementations of server/client SRTP against which
testing can be performed.  I am uncertain if that also implies a TCP
TLS implementation in Asterisk, as it seems that there is some type
of certificate exchange that happens with the Voicepulse setup.
Perhaps someone with a Voicepulse account can ask.