[Asterisk-Dev] libsrtp

Olle E. Johansson oej at edvina.net
Sat May 15 00:52:32 MST 2004

John Todd wrote:

>   Encryption is a real concern of mine (and my customers.)  SRTP is a
> great tool, though we'd be well-advised to also have TLS for SIP, and
> whole-enchliada-encryption for IAX2.

Two notes on the TLS/SSL topic:
* To get to TLS in SIP, we need TCP. Someone out there, you know who you are,
   this is a gentle reminder :-)
* When implementing TLS, we could add that to the manager interface as well.
   It would really mean quite a lot to encrypt that interface and use keys
   for authentication. We already have RSA auth in Asterisk, so we can expand
   that concept.

Let's make Asterisk the Secure Open Source PBX!

/O