[Asterisk-Dev] OMG THE SKY IS FALLING!! NOT!!!

Florian Overkamp florian at obsimref.com
Fri May 14 11:45:10 MST 2004

Hi,

Same goes for e-mail and many other instant messaging or chat networks. One
should consider how the basic structure of the network is built and evaluate
the risks. If the cost of a possible intercept exceeds the cost of the
telephony savings - then this might be an argument to not use VoIP :-)

Then again: if you have a properly switched network, it will be less than
trivial for non-authorised personel to snoop on a conversation. Yes, your
network admins could. But you need to have a proper screening and trust
relation with them anyway.

As always: Use your head :-)

Florian