[Asterisk-Dev] Voicetronix Openline cards

Terence Parker terence at parker.com.hk
Thu May 13 03:39:15 MST 2004

This too probably belongs in asterisk-users, but since it originated
here....

We used a Voicetronix OpenLine4 card for a while back when the asterisk
support was still an unofficial knock-up and bundled with Asterisk -
and I can certainly say it resembled very much to be software based.
Back then we couldn't utilise more than one VPB channel at a time - any
more and the conversation on any one line would just be an unacceptable
quality.

Since Voicetronix have released their own interfaces to Asterisk, this
has much improved - the card could at least be classified as "usable"
or "acceptable" ... though we're still far happier with the results
generated by our Vegastream PSTN gateway. I don't know whether this new
improvement is still 'software' or 'hardware', but in any case it's
definitely acceptable - and at the very least Voicetronix appear
committed to improving their Asterisk support, so you could expect it
to work flawlessly in the future.

That said, I still prefer external units.

Terence