[Asterisk-Dev] Where to get 48 volt Power Supplies for Cisco IP Phones

Terence Parker terence at parker.com.hk
Wed May 12 04:49:27 MST 2004

Here in Hong Kong we managed to get ourselves a 48V AC-DC transformer
which we use for our Cisco's. It's not a POE - but rather a box to
which you can attach raw electric wires and thus drag your own cables
to all of the Cisco's that require it. A single box can power a large
number of phones (though I never tested more than five simultaneously)
- only problem is it's a half DIY solution as you ought to hide the box
somewhere and also elegantly drag the cables to all the desks that
require it. And of course, you have to put the correct DC plug on the
cable ends too.

The good thing is, one of these costs around $40 USD or so and can
power many phones. I'm not sure where you would buy one of those in AU,
but here in Hong Kong you have streets full of random crap if anyone is
interested...!

- Terence