[Asterisk-Dev] Contact-header illegally modified in response to REGISTER

Björn Grönesjö bg at ingate.com
Tue May 11 01:49:31 MST 2004

Greetings Asterisk developers,

I have reasons to believe that Asterisk's sip-stack is modifying the
"Contact:"-header in a response to a REGISTER message in an illegal way.

RFC 3261; 10.3 Page 66
      8. The registrar returns a 200 (OK) response.  The response MUST
         contain Contact header field values enumerating all current
         bindings.  Each Contact value MUST feature an "expires"
         parameter indicating its expiration interval chosen by the
         registrar.  The response SHOULD include a Date header field.

Asterisk replaced the Contact header field value with the address of
record instead of all current bindings as it should.

This might already been reported by someone else or a complete
misunderstanding, in any case just ignore this message.

If more details are needed please inform me and I will try to get them.

Hope that this helps you in the development!

Thanks and Regards,
Björn Grönesjö <bg at ingate.com>, Developer, Ingate Systems AB