[Asterisk-Dev] modem (56k) to make PSTN call ??!!

Karl Brose khb at brose.com
Sat May 8 08:37:39 MST 2004

You can start with one of the existing drivers.
The driver consists of two pieces,  a master driver chan_modem and modem
specific driver,
which gets loaded by the master based on an entry in the config file.
You should select the existing driver that matches most closely your
device and go from there.
I went through the exercise with a modem here, only took an hour or so
to get the basics working,
only the modem  wasn't worth the effort.