[Asterisk-Dev] modem (56k) to make PSTN call ??!!

Harald B. harald-blaser at gmx.de
Sat May 8 07:21:40 MST 2004

> Harald B. wrote:
>
> > Hello,
> > i try to find a way to use my modem to make a PSTN call.
> > My internal PCI winmodem (softmodem) is a bad solution under linunx.
> > I know that :-(
> >  - Can anybody here tell me how to do that and which files i have to
> > configure?
> >  - Is it a great effort to do that??
> >  - Can i use the loaded 'Generic Voice modem Driver' on chan_modem.so
> ???
>

> Don't bother..Most modems cannot deal with on-hook audio (no callerid)
> and are half duplex.
>
> Support Asterisk and buy an X100P from Digium (http://www.digium.com/)
>

> Jeremy McNamara

thanks,
but this modem is a vullduplex one with echo suppression and V.80
Videoconferencing and V.90 ITU standard.
It's a U.S. Robotics 3CP022884A Internal PCI VoiceModem

Anyway....
i know that i could buy a X100P but this is an experiment for me and my
university to talk through a Modem.
Can you help me, because i've no idea to begin.....in source or config

thanks a lot for given support
kindly regards
Harald

--