[Asterisk-Dev] Question

Rich Adamson radamson at routers.com
Fri May 7 13:31:55 MST 2004

> I was wondering if anyone knew how we could disable call waiting, but
> still be able to use three-way calling?  I am on the phone with a client and
> someone calls, I want that call to go straight to voicemail as opposed
> hearing the call waiting beep that cuts off what I am saying to my client.
> Or is there a way to just disable the beep?

It all depends on the phone your using and how it is integrated into *.

If its a Cisco phone (as one example), Settings/Call Preferences/Call Waiting = NO
will stop the call waiting. 3-way is likely implemented as a consultive
transfer or something like that, which should not preclude you from
initiating such calls.

If its some other phone, look for similar setup.

If that's not what you're after, then a better description of what you're
trying to accomplish, type of phone, etc, would be helpful.