[Asterisk-Dev] About OpenSS7 integration to Asterisk

John Todd jtodd at loligo.com
Fri May 7 00:14:05 MST 2004

At 9:44 AM +0300 on 5/7/04, Csaba Pócsai wrote:
>Hi,
>
>I found a conversation about OpenSS7 integration to Asterisk on this list's
>archive. See below.
>Is there anyone who knows about that? Is there existing integration already?
>Is there anyone who dealed with it?
>
>Thank you in advice
>Csaba
>[Asterisk-Dev] OpenSS7
>Nathan asterisk-dev at lists.digium.com
><mailto:asterisk-dev%40lists.digium.com>
>Fri, 14 Mar 2003 19:33:08 +0000 (UTC)
>[snip]
>Hi,
>
>I was wondering if someone is interested, or is currently working on
>integrating OpenSS7 with Asterisk?
>
>It looks like from OpenSS7's website that the T400P (which looks like its
>the same one that digium sells) is a supported device:
><http://www.openss7.org>
>
>SS7 is a protocol stack that, with a proper application level program can
>allow for call setup, management and tear down, LNP, 800 and 900 services,
>[snip]
>The source code from the openss7.org site is licensed under the the GPL
>and LGPL.
>
>Thanks,
>Nathan

I will pass along rumor and unsubstantiated
gossip that I don't even remember where I
heard... There were comments that there was too
much bit slipping in the T400P card to pass
"certification" (whoever "certifies" such things)
and that the project lost a lot of steam due to
reliability problems with using the PC interrupt
stream due for whatever sensitive portions of the
project relied on it.  I have no idea if that's
true or not, but this question comes up a lot and
nobody seems to have an answer other than vague
rumors of "over that horizon over there..."

Yes, the T400P is Digium's card.

JT