[Asterisk-Dev] More questions on codec licensing

ops at infoserve.net ops at infoserve.net
Tue May 4 20:13:27 MST 2004

Hi,
I want to thank all those answered my previous questions on codec licensing. I have a few more questions on the same subject:

1) If I purchased G.729 license for 50 channels, what happen when the 51st channel come in? Will the call go through or the voice quality degraded, just what will happen to calls above 50 channels

2) If I have license for only G.729, what happen if a SIP phone call in using G.723?

3) What is the normal practice for a VoIP provider in terms of licensing codecs? Should we limit support to only one codec or spend money to buy 3 or 4 different codecs just to be flexible?

Thank you for your help in advance.

Oliver Shaw