[Asterisk-Dev] ast_expr.y compile fails

Ed Devine ncfm at airmail.net
Tue May 4 09:38:47 MST 2004

This is a modified (shortened) version of the previous same titled message.

Following download of the new CVS, and the subsequent upgrade to Bison 1.875, * still fails to compile (see below)

To insure Bison 1.875 is installed, I did the following:

[root at localhost root]# bison -V
bison (GNU Bison) 1.875
Written by Robert Corbett and Richard Stallman.

This is free software; see the source for copying conditions.  There is NO warranty; not even for MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE.
[root at localhost root]#

That taken care of, I do a make clean ; make install in /usr/src/asterisk culminating in the following results:

ast_expr.y: In function `ast_yylex':
ast_expr.y:283: `savep' undeclared (first use in this function)
ast_expr.y:283: (Each undeclared identifier is reported only once
ast_expr.y:283: for each function it appears in.)
ast_expr.y:285: `savepp' undeclared (first use in this function)
make: *** [ast_expr.o] Error 1
[root at localhost asterisk]#

If I copy the previous version of the ast_expr.* to the /usr/src/asterisk directory and run the compile again
Asterisk compiles and runs correctly, albeit without the enhanced capabilities and improved functionality
of the updated ast_expr.* from the latest CVS.

I'm running RH 9 on a dual Xeon based system.