[Asterisk-Dev] Implementing for new hardware

Steve Underwood steveu at coppice.org
Mon Mar 29 08:50:25 MST 2004

German Viera wrote:

> Hi,
>     I am new to asterisk and I am a bit confused with de architecture
> of the soft. I would like to imlpement some modules to incorporate new
> hardware (telephony) to asterisk (for example NMS boards) . I would be
> very gratefull if somebody could tell me wich modules implement the
> interface between asterisk and hardware and some brief explanation of
> how they communicate.
>
> Hope somebody could help me,

I haven't heard of someone doing NMS support for *. If NMS have Linux
drivers this week (their Linux support seems to appear and disappear at
random) you should look in the channnels directory. You would need to
build a chan_nms, rather like the chan_zap, and
chan_various_other_things you will find in the channels directory. These
are the modules which interface the * code to actual telecoms pathways.

Regards,
Steve