[Asterisk-Dev] -- app_festival.c -- bug. fix

Ruben Chaer rch at todo.com.uy
Tue Mar 23 06:05:32 MST 2004

Hi, folks! I want to report a bug in "app_festival.c"
The bug occurs when you call festival with a long text-string and then
call it again with a shorter text-string.

In line 378 the "read(fdesc,&bigstring,strln);" does not set the end of
the string and so stuff from the previous call, with a larger string, is
taken as read in the present call.

To fix the bug I have inserted the following line inmediatly after the
line 378 to set the length of the read string.

// --- add the following line to fix the bug.
            bigstring[strln]= 0;

I am new Asterisk user and so I don't know if this is the method to send a
bug and its fix. If this is not the place tell me where to send this kind
of thing.

bye,
Ruben Chaer / VASEN S.A. - URUGUAY
rch at todo.com.uy