[Asterisk-Dev] [Manager extension] redirect to ivr and back

mattf mattf at vicimarketing.com
Fri Mar 19 10:43:07 MST 2004

The problem, and I've looked into it, is that there is no way in asterisk to
take a simple 2 party call and redirect both parties to different
extensions. The way around this is to have all of these calls originate in a
meetme room, then you just redirect one of the parties away to the IVR
application and the other party is not hung up on. then when they are done
with the IVR app they can be redirected back to the meetme room. It is
doable and We are doing this now on our system, but with Asterisk this is
the only way to achieve what you are trying to do.

MATT---