[Asterisk-Dev] TDM20B: unable to open master device '/dev/zap/ctl'

Shaul Grinberg shaul at libercell.com
Wed Mar 17 09:42:40 MST 2004

Hello,
We purchased TDM20B cards, and installed on the computer.

The   zaptel.conf file contains the following line only:
fxoks=1-2

the problem:
issuing "modprobe wcfxs" ,  we get the following message: "init module: no such device"

when issuing "ztcfg -vv" , we get the following:
   Channel map:
   channel 01: FXO kewlstart (Default) (Slaves 01)
   channel 02: FXO kewlstart (Default) (Slaves 02)
   2 channels configured

line 140: unable to open master device '/dev/zap/ctl'

What should be done to activate the card?

Best Regards,
                  Shaul Grinberg.