[Asterisk-Dev] sip outgoing proxy

Thomas B. Clark digium at clark.durham.nc.us
Tue Mar 16 19:13:51 MST 2004

Thanks for your response! See additional comments interspersed.

Olle E. Johansson wrote:

> Ask the provider to set up the SRV records for sip.provider.com correctly
> and it will work if you enable DNS srv in sip.conf.

I tested this by by making my named authoritative for provider.com, and
adding an SRV record for sip.provider.com.  And, even though I set
srvlookup = yes in sip.conf, Asterisk CVS-03/06/04-20:18:30 apparently
ignores it. That is probably a temporary quirk, and can probably be
resolved with a different version.

> I can't see how outbound proxy support would be a good fix to this, since
> adding an outbound proxy would make ALL your sip messages goto the
> providers

But that is exactly what I want, assuming it does not change the URI
that it sends to the outbound proxy.

> SIP proxy...
>
> /O

Please do not send me Word or PowerPoint attachments.