[Asterisk-Dev] Raising loop current limit on the Proslic (reg.71)

Alfred R. Nurnberger alfred at flosys.com
Fri Mar 5 19:47:50 MST 2004

We are using the ProSlic in our products and found that some telecom
equipment
has problems dealing with 20ma loop current so we raised it to 30 ma and
some of our customers were much happier.
The only concern I would have are thermal problems with the driver
transistors when you raise the loop current
to the max 41 ma. Otherwise the Proslic is fine with 30 ma.

P.S there are quite a few more options of interest in the ProSlic worth to
be exploited.

i.e. The possibility to run cheap "hotel room phone" neon call waiting
lights. by programmming the ring voltage
     generator to output a very slow 0.5hz ring current (= 90vdc)
     or sending of 12 or 16kHz metering pulses which is quite common in many
countries.

Alfred R. Nurnberger
F L O S Y S
Making Communications Flow