[Asterisk-Dev] Channel registry question

Derek Bruce dbruce at calgarytelecom.com
Thu Mar 4 16:10:07 MST 2004

I usually call it Asterisk.

I think it's an appropriate moniker... seeing that just about every
operating system uses the asterisk symbol as a wildcard.

The Asterisk systems I have do everything from PBX functionality to SIP
registrar to footrest.

If I had to give it a moniker is would be... MPCS - Multi Protocol
Communications Server

Derek Bruce
Calgary Telecom
dbruce at calgarytelecom.com