[Asterisk-Dev] List Admin - Please remove ASTERISK@metrotel.net

Steven Critchfield critch at basesys.com
Thu Mar 4 15:03:52 MST 2004

On Thu, 2004-03-04 at 15:56, Steven Sokol wrote:
> I would appreciate it if you could remove this email address:
>
> ASTERISK at metrotel.net
>
> Every message I send to the list generates a rejection.  Apparently this
> account is gone.

I haven't seen any of these messages today, but I'm sure I will after
some timeout period.

>From what I remember of the error message, it is some half-ass admin
running evaluation versions of some SMTP software that is pretty nastily
misconfigured. It has been misconfigured in a couple different ways
recently. For a while it was in an infinite loop and bouncing for too
many hops.

Either way though I agree that this person should be removed for general
stupid misconfiguration problems such as responding to the from address
instead of the reply-to address,