[Asterisk-Dev] channel development

mark spowage spowage at yahoo.com
Wed Jun 30 06:23:25 MST 2004

is there any document that helps one to develop a channel driver ?

there maybe a more simple solution for nat friendly voip devices. the asterisk

server will be the MASTER and direct audio between remote devices.

Now my solution for asterisk is to run an SIP stack in JAVA and a "simpleudp"

call control protocol to the remote boxes. basically one asterisk server would

manage MANY voip boxes. Now we have a voicepump based box with a simple

rabbit module. IAX is a bit too much to code and i dont think iax is the perfect solution

to allow box to box via server control.  I guess the jury is out on  who will come up with

a winning architecture to deploy farms of voip boxes.

Sincerely
Mark Spowage