[Asterisk-Dev] channel.c:1508 ast_set_read_format: Unable to find a path from ULAW ????

Matt Davies | MattDavies.Net matt at mattdavies.net
Tue Jun 29 15:23:00 MST 2004

Hello all-

This is probably easy, but I am trying to figure out why I cannot use app
record. In fact, the problem seems to extend to when using a sip soft phone
also. I always get this error, and haven't been able to find much about it.

I have a number coming in from nufone. I have tryied setting the codec and
also leaving it out. See config below:

; answer the line
exten => <number>,1,SetVar(SIP_CODEC=ulaw)
exten => <number>,2,Wait(2)
exten => <number>,3,Answer
exten => <number>,4,ResponseTimeout(15)
exten => <number>,5,Background(pls-wait-connect-call)

I then have a recording section:
exten => 205,1,Wait(2)
exten => 205,2,Playback(all-your-base)
;exten =>
205,2,Playback(/usr/local/asterisk/var/lib/asterisk/sounds/hello-recording)
exten =>
205,3,Record(/usr/local/asterisk/var/lib/asterisk/sounds/hello-recording:gsm
,2)
exten => 205,4,Wait(1)
exten =>
205,5,Playback(/usr/local/asterisk/var/lib/asterisk/sounds/hello-recording)
exten => 205,6,Wait(1)
exten => 205,7,Hangup

I always get the following error:
channel.c:1508 ast_set_read_format: Unable to find a path from ULAW to UNKN

In iax.conf I have
disallow=all
allow=ulaw

I have tried replacing all references to ulaw with gsm. Same results.

I have used cvs head and also 0.9.0.

Ideas?