[Asterisk-Dev] Re: Codecs G729 and G723.1

Sudhir Kumar sudhir1 at adelphia.net
Thu Jun 24 08:01:12 MST 2004

I was thinking about specifying

  sip.conf:
     allow=g729
     allow=g723.1

in the SIP.conf file. For normal scenario, i.e calls between 2
extensions or calls from an extension to PSTN, g729 will be used. In the
extensions file, I just change part where I am terminating on the H323
server to:

   extensions.conf:
      exten => _01191.,1,setvar(SIP_CODEC=g723.1)
      exten => _01191.,2,Dial(H323/${EXTEN:3}@ipaddress)

So that for calls starting with 01191.. g723.1 is picked which will go
through in pass-through.

For some reason, setvar has no effect. Is there any other way of picking
up the codec for the calling party depending on the called number?

Thanks,
-- sudhir