[Asterisk-Dev] Problems with inuse counter.

Claus Futtrup cf at internetit.dk
Tue Jun 22 08:14:35 MST 2004

Hi Guys,

I have a problem with chanisavail and the inuse counter.

Lets say that SIP phone A has a usage limit of 1, and makes a call. This
would then mean that the inuse counter is 1 of 1

SIP phone B tries to call SIP phone A and in the process use
ChanIsAvail(SIP/phone A)..

ChanIsAvail does the following

requests a new channels thru ast_request(tech, chan->nativeformats, number)
and hangs up the channel.

The problem is that ast_request doesn't increment the inuse counter for
Phone A, but when calling hangup, hang up decrements it.

So after the first unsuccesfull call if SIP phone B calls again the call
will go thru, because the inuse counter is now 0

Kind Regards

Claus Futtrup
Project Manager
GoIP, The IP telephone company

Mail: cf at goip.dk
Privat Mail: cf at ttsinfo.com

Tlf: +47 63993181
Fax: +47 63993181
Celluar: +47 48204154
GoIP: +45 32716064

"The box said 'Requires Windows 95, NT, or better,' so I installed Linux."

This message is for the designated recipient only and may contain privileged
or confidential information.  If you have received it in error, please
notify the sender immediately and delete the original.  Any other use of the
email by you is prohibited.

---