[Asterisk-Dev] Status of autoconf integration?

Steven Critchfield critch at basesys.com
Sun Jun 20 22:42:38 MST 2004

On Sun, 2004-06-20 at 17:41, asterisk at jdennis.net wrote:
> Why does one person have to be responsible for autoconf? Wouldn't it be
> updated like current patches for different unix platforms are done; people
> fix them when needed and submit?

The problem is which people. This is the base problem. If you had
followed any of the previous comments on this subject that are dutifully
archived for just such a discussion, you would find that the main
contributors do not know autoconf well enough to maintain it. This means
someone will have to basically dedicate quite a bit of time over the
next several years helping maintain it. Ideally such a person would
become a intregal part of the development group and be trusted enough
that they might get checkin privs to fix problems faster.

> Also, not sure if you are aware of this but your reply seems quite rude for
> such a simple request of status.

If you think what you have quoted below is rude, then you need to grow
some thicker skin. A short answer may mean it is obvious you haven't
done enough research and should do so first.