[Asterisk-Dev] Simple kde frontend for astersisk

Andreas Bayer angel_azrael at gmx.de
Fri Jun 18 12:51:51 MST 2004

Am Freitag, 18. Juni 2004 20:50 schrieb Steven Critchfield:
> On Fri, 2004-06-18 at 13:06, Andreas Bayer wrote:

> > > Sounds like you just need a soft phone, not a front end to asterisk.
> > >
> > > DO NOT run X apps or even an X server on your asterisk machine.
> >
> > I know that, but: i have a notebook with a voice-modem-pcmcia-card and a
> > bluetooth cell-phone. There is no softphone which could use these two
> > devices and voip. Asterisk with chan_alsa and a kde-gui would be a
> > perfect "softphone". My main-voip-server has no x running.
>
> Have you checked out what profiles your phone supports? It is possible
> you will not be able to use it. I can't use my N-gage like that because
> it doesn't have the right profiles.
>
> I doubt your modem will cut it for any real use either.  So you are back
> to any standard VoIP client.

my nokia 6310i supports handsfree-profile. I currently use kde-bluetooth
specially kbthandsfree. But arts has a big delay.

So i have on one side kphone and on the other side kbthandsfree. It would be
nice to have it together in one gui.

I am currently uncertain about the features of my pcmcia-modem. I have a
novatel wireless card. There are several pda-applications to use this modem
for voice-calls.