[Asterisk-Dev] Instrumenting IAX?

John Todd jtodd at loligo.com
Tue Jun 15 07:03:04 MST 2004

At 12:52 PM +0200 on 6/15/04, steve at daviesfam.org wrote:
>Hi,
>
>Has anyone tried to instrument IAX.  I was thinking about trying to
>capture a detailed log with timestamps etc so that I can post-process to
>get accurate measurements of latencncy, jitter and their effect on actual
>calls.
>
>Shold be able to get a "severely errored seconds" measure that the
>telcoers would recognise, decide on a quantity of jitter buffer required
>etc.
>
>Anyway - has anyone already done something like this?
>
>Thanks,
>Steve

I haven't heard of such a thing yet, but it doesn't sound
tremendously difficult on a per-call (not per-channel) basis.

Cisco is including some rudimentary information in the SIP BYE
messages these days, which I think will be emulated by other CPE
hardware providers (hint, hint.)

I'd like to see something more comprehensive for all channel types.
See my comments here:

http://lists.digium.com/pipermail/asterisk-dev/2004-May/004180.html

JT