[Asterisk-Dev] Overlap digits on pri-E1 etc in Sweden

Peter Svensson psvasterisk at psv.nu
Sun Jun 13 05:21:06 MST 2004

On Sat, 12 Jun 2004, brian k. west wrote:

> On a side note ULAW to ALAW doesn't transcode.  Their is a direct ulaw to
> alaw path in asterisk that munges the proper bits and uses little if any
> CPU.

This is incorrect. The codings are not compatible and there will be
information loss when doing alaw-ulaw-alaw or the other way around. Read
the nots attached to the bug report from me and Mark.

The fact that there is a computationally cheap way of doing it does not
mean that there will not be code aliasing effects. Which there are.

Peter
--
Peter Svensson      ! Pgp key available by finger, fingerprint:
<petersv at psv.nu>    ! 8A E9 20 98 C1 FF 43 E3  07 FD B9 0A 80 72 70 AF