[Asterisk-Dev] SIP External IP Address Issue

Steve McMahon ajener at qwest.net
Thu Jun 10 20:14:26 MST 2004

How would you configure sip.conf to automatically update the external ip
address field.

Basically, My cable modem changes IP Addresses every 3 or 4 days. Hooked up
to a NAT Router. I need to have a automatic way of changing or detecting ip
address changes, I have a domain that follows my ip address. Is there a code
change that could be done so that it could use the domain name to resolve
the ip address in sip.conf?

Sincerely,

Steve McMahon
Digital DataBits Innovations