[Asterisk-Dev] STUN support

Karl Brose khb at brose.com
Tue Jun 8 15:04:25 MST 2004

I did some initial work on this a while back, but decided in favor of
first implementing outbound proxy support which is working just fine, at
least in one configuration scenario.  There are several kinds of o/b
proxy types of course.
I have debated the usefulness of STUN for asterisk but didn't see the
immediate necessity ( at least not for me) although it would be nice for
beginners not to have to configure the external  IP address of  your NAT
device, for experienced admins, however, they know that anyways.
Asterisk's symmetric RTP version seems to work extremely well, but I
don't have an overview of how others feel about that.
If you're really willing to pay for STUN support,  I might consider it.
Do you have some detailed specifications and criteria developed for such
a project?
Karl Brose