[Asterisk-Dev] asterisk SIP registration

Kristopher Lalletti kristopher at lalletti.ca
Mon Jun 7 19:07:11 MST 2004

Hi everyone,

I encountered an interesting/unordinary SIP proxy + nat-transversal setup
for a VOIP termination, here in Montreal, to which I'm trying to get
Asterisk registered as a SIP client without my temporary hack (because this
hack is affecting outbound calls).

The hack consists of substituting the IP address of the SIP proxy server by
the NAT transversal proxy, and the only way I managed to do this is via
/etc/hosts.  Something that is already done transparently with SIP clients
such as X-Lite, when they can't register on the proxy, they send their
registration of the proxy via the NAT transversal.

There does not seem to have any "elegant" configuration option with regards
to the registration keyword (including fooling around with the userid and
authuser, to fix the sip messages to show user at sipproxy instead of
user at natproxy).

Any ideas? I ideally, it would be an extra field in the registration line
that would specify the server fqdn.

Kris

Ps: I'm currently running CVS-HEAD-06/07/04-18:25:29, and also tried on
0.8.0