[Asterisk-Dev] zaptel/wcusb fixes

creslin at digium.com creslin at digium.com
Mon Jun 7 14:57:11 MST 2004

On Mon, Jun 07, 2004 at 01:43:56PM +0200, Wichert Akkerman wrote:
> I still haven't managed to get wcusb working but at least I'm making
> some progress in improving things with the help of #kernelnewbiews.
> Below is my current patch. Changes:

Forgive me, but for some reason I missed your first message that you
wrote about this.  I just looked back in my mbox and found it.

I (as of yet) have not tried to get it running in 2.6.x.  Looks like I'm
going to have to compile a new kernel and see what's up.

> * drop support for < 2.4.20 USB stack. If anyone is running a kernel
>   that old they deserve problems and keeping all the legacy cruft around
>   makes the driver harder to read

No comment :-)

> * use usb_fill_control_urb in prepare_transfer_urbs. This makes the
>   code simpler and also makes sure all relevant fields are initalized
>   properly (the spinklock wasn't initalized for example)

Good idea.

> * Add a #define for the read and write interfaces instead of keeping the
>   magic numbers 6 and 7 in the source

Good idea too.

> Some comments:
>
> * the code still submits bogus URBs; at some point an URB without a
>   completion handler is submitted
>
> * the completion handlers blindly resubmit URBs without checking for
>   failures, which is a good way to enter a tight loop

One question.  It looks like the patch that you submitted is for the
wcfxsusb.c driver as opposed to the wcusb.c driver.  Have you tried
using both yet?  I'm a little out of the loop on what's happened with
these drivers of late, but the wcusb driver was written as a replacement
for the wcfxsusb driver.

Matthew Fredrickson