[Asterisk-Dev] (Asterisk and A400) too much jitter with chan_h323

Jeremy McNamara jj at nufone.net
Mon Jun 7 09:47:57 MST 2004

ooseghale at telecomlabs.net wrote:
> Hi Jeremy,
>   I need some help with configuring chan_h323.  I have setup my A400 to work
> with asterisk.  Chan_h323 picks up the inbound call and asterisk routes it out
> via iax.  The problem is the sound quality.  I am using G711U.  The connection
> between tenor and chan_h323 generates a lot of what sounds like static.  From
> reading the list I picked up that the problem is related to rtp framing in
> asterisk.  Is there something I can do like change the value of the rtp frame
> sizes in the source code.

Unfortunately I cannot duplicate your situation with the couple Quintums
I have access to. What kind of Internet connection do you have?

Make sure you are running cvs -head or maybe you can try one revision
back on ast_h323.cpp and ast_h323.h, as there looks to be some weirdness
there that effects some situations, but that's zero audio not static.

Jeremy McNamara