[Asterisk-Dev] Re: New Channel - Serial + Sound Card -> GSM Mobile

jbarre asterisk at biarritx.dyndns.org
Mon Jun 7 06:40:42 MST 2004

Several sub replies (or remarks):

-1. serial + mic + line out?
-2. chan_bluetouth
-3. What about serial + digital audio? (GM47 or TC35i)
-4. CAPI Message Transport Protocol for the BlueZ stack
-5. FXO/GSM dock stations (for home users)
-6. Professional SIP/GSM gateways

-1. serial + mic + line out?

I do not like at all the connection to the mobile phone via mic + line
out -:(

-2. chan_bluetouth

It would be really great, but certainly a lot of work. I can give a
hand but I am not enough experimented with * channels and bluetouth
drivers to start this dev. I can contribute to the code...  if the
framework is defined by a competent person, that has a clear idea of
what must be done (and that can split the work).

Dan -- let me know if you are "the one" or if you have managed to
convince someone else to take the lead.

-3. What about serial + digital audio? (GM47 or TC35i)

Some GSM modems used for M2M communication, like the Sony Ericsson GM47,
seem to have some kind of PCM connectors for digital audio. The Siemens
TC35i has probably something similar since it commonly used by GSM
gateways.

PCM? PCM? I know the acronym but NOT the  hardware. What do we
need to connect with that? Any ideas? My question is certainly stupid
for audio hardware experts, asking is a way to learn...

-4 CAPI Message Transport Protocol for the BlueZ stack

Regarding bluetouth, in my personal bookmarks, there is a link to the
CMTP page :
http://www.holtmann.org/linux/bluetooth/cmtp.html

 From what I can understand (most of the doc is in German... and I am
not familiar with bluetouth Linux) this driver enables the use the
BleuFRITZ ISDN stuff as a regular CAPI device :
http://www.avm.de/de/index.php3?Produkte/BlueFRITZ/Blue_FRITZ_AP_ISDN/index.js.html

Does it allow * to control the BleuFRITZ ISDN device simply by using
chan_capi?

-5. FXO/GSM dock stations (for home users)

I am planning to buy for home some kind of FXO/GSM dock station. There
are at least 2 available :
- http://phonelabs.com/prd05.asp
- http://www.cellsocket.com/index.php?page=CATEGORY

Before spending $150 for the Dock-N-Talk gizmo, I would like to have a
confirmation that it works with *... According to the phonelabs site,
their product is able to pass a caller id...

-6. Professional SIP/GSM gateways

I am also looking for a professional SIP/GSM gateway (for a client). I
have only found 2 (expensive) products :
- http://www.quescom.com/QuesCom400_IPGSM_gateway.asp?R=2&SR=2 (supposed
to work)
- http://www.2n.cz/default.asp?DoAction=Show&IDCatExp=966 (till not
available...)
Do you know other solutions ?

Quescom is a French company and they are based near the place I live.
For the moment, their solution is still to expensive for my client. But
if some of you are interested, I could maybe convince those guys to run
a test with an * server... if this has not been already done by one of
you...

Digium -- do you plan to offer an IAX/GSM gateway? Something like the
IAXy but with a GM47 or a TC35i inside :-). See point 3. I am sure there
is (will be) a market for that in Europe.

Thanks, Jérôme