[Asterisk-Dev] Call authentication in Asterisk

Fran Boon flavour at partyvibe.com
Thu Jun 3 04:27:38 MST 2004

Aram Ter-Martirosyan wrote:
> 	I have seen a lot of people talking about using asterisk as a prepaid
> calling card platform.  I was wondering how would one perform call
> authentication in Asterisk -
> 1.Is there a Radius support in Asterisk?

There are 3rd-party add-ons to use RADIUS

e.g.
http://voip-info.org/tiki-index.php?page=Appradius

> 2.What other authentication mechanism can be used with Asterisk?

http://voip-info.org/wiki-Asterisk+cmd+Authenticate

Databases (MySQL, PgSQl or ODBC)
LDAP could be done using res_perl

However all these should be integrated into the next major change after
ast_data: res_auth

> 3.Is it possible to use Asterisk as IVR system for Prepaid calling platform?

Would guess so

> Also I would like to find out if it is possible to use Asterisk as H323
> and/or SIP gatekeeper/Proxy server to not actually have the media stream
> flow through Asterisk but just connect the endpoints together?

SIP is possible:
http://voip-info.org/wiki-Asterisk+Letting+SIP+clients+connect+directly

Not sure about with H.323