[Asterisk-Dev] Problems with TE405P and generic hdlc

Schaefer, Mark Mark.Schaefer at ONSTAR.com
Wed Jun 2 21:10:35 MST 2004

Seems like you don't know netmasks.  A network with netmask 255.255.255.252
that contains 64.80.211.41 starts at 40, not 0.  Assuming 64.80.211.41 is
your default gateway, you would add this route:

route add default gw 64.80.211.41 hdlc0

You shouldn't need to add a route to the subnet you're physically connected
to - routers bridge only between networks that are physically separate.

Later,

Mark

-----Original Message-----
From: Patrick J. Conroy [mailto:conroyp at contexttech.com]
Sent: Wednesday, June 02, 2004 8:41 AM
To: asterisk-dev at lists.digium.com
Subject: [Asterisk-Dev] Problems with TE405P and generic hdlc

I am trying to bring up a ppp internet T1 on a TE405P and I am not having
any luck.  I have hdlc patched into the 2.4.18 kernel and I make zaptel with
CONFIG_ZAPATA_NET uncommented.  I modprobe the zaptel, wct4xxp and hdlc
modules with no problems.  I then run the following commands:

sethdlc hdlc0 ppp
ifconfig hdlc0 64.80.211.42 pointopoint 64.80.211.41 netmask 255.255.255.252
up
route add -net 64.80.211.0 netmask 255.255.255.252 hdlc0

Everything seems to run fine without errors, but I can't ping the telco side
of the T1.  When I run ifconfig it looks like I am transmitting packets, but
all received packets seem to be getting dropped.  I have cleared iptables to
make sure that nothing is going wrong there.  Does anyone have any ideas?
At this point, I don't know if I compiled something wrong, or if I have the
route table set up wrong, or if there is a legitimate bug somewhere.

BTW, I have 2 other ports on the TE405P running to a channel bank and a PRI,
both of which work fine.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Patrick

dangerous content and is believed to be clean.