[Asterisk-Dev] HEAD - Advanced voicemail behaviour change

Paul Crick web-asterisk-dev at ivrl.com
Tue Jun 1 01:10:19 MST 2004

> Not always 3 to skip, 7 to delete.
> I see a lot as 3 to delete, 2 to skip/save
Yeah, I've seen that too, mainly back home in the UK. I know the voicemail
platform we offered (as a carrier) was reconfigured to match the key options
of the previous system that it was replacing.

I guess making it totally configurable, like you suggested, is the best way
forward but it's also pretty labour intensive and brings all sorts of
prompt-related issues to the table. This was all discussed a few months back
with the idea of having a set of example config files, one for transitioning
from Meridian Mail, one for Octel voicemail, and a stardard/legacy Comedian
Mail one too. I guess it's on the list of things to do but there are a lot
of things that rank higher.