[Asterisk-Dev] HEAD - Advanced voicemail behaviour change

John Todd jtodd at loligo.com
Tue Jun 1 00:19:37 MST 2004

At 11:54 PM -0700 on 5/31/04, Paul Crick wrote:
>  > I would like to (somehow) retain the ability to delete
>>  a message with 7-6 without prefixing a "1" on to the
>>  front of that sequence.
>First I've heard of this prefixing with 1 thing but I got to say I hate it -
>just a bad idea.. The way the big system voicemails seem to work is.. you
>can use 1 and 3 to skip back and forwards.. 11 to the beginning, 33 to the
>end.. then it's always 7 to delete, and 9 to save, once you've finished
>message playback. If you want to delete a message whilst listening to it,
>you can hit 77.

7-6 is what I'm familiar with on Nortel systems to quickly
delete/jump to next message, but 6 of one, 1/2 dozen of another.  :-)

>  > (I'd also like to see a "skip" function on the date playback,
>>  so I can get right to the message, but that's me.)
>Yeah, or have the option of playing the date/time stamp before or after the
>message, configurable.
>
>Paul

I believe that already is configurable - take a look at
voicemail.conf in the newest releases.  I think the "configuration"
is limited to a yes/no if it's to be played at the start of a message.

I've opened a ticket on the unexpected and changed voicemail behavior:

   http://bugs.digium.com/bug_view_page.php?bug_id=0001758

It's a big job, but I'd also love to see a customization
configuration file for VoiceMailMain2.  It's pretty far down on my
wish list, because I'm mostly happy with voicemail, but I have some
customers who have moaned horribly that "it isn't exactly like my
<insert-pbx-vendor> system and my users have a tough time even
operating bathroom towel dispensers, much less something NEW on their
phones."  Oh well.

JT